Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Moss on Kaepernick: 'He Dislocated My Finger'


Colin Kaepernick's arm can dislocate fingers -- true story.

In November 19th's game against the Chicago Bears, Kaepernick threw a dart to Randy Moss so hard it dislocated Moss's finger, according to the future Hall of Famer, himself.


Moss went to the sideline and the 49ers' staff popped it back into place, but Moss took it more as an impressive feat than anything else.

Moss and Kaepernick have gotten along really well since the second-year quarterback took over for Alex Smith, with Moss having nothing but praise for the young flamethrower in recent weeks.

Read Matt Maiocco's full story at CSNBayArea.com.

"Man, he dislocated my finger," Moss said Wednesday after the 49ers' first practice of the week to prepare for the New England Patriots on Sunday night in Foxboro, Mass. 
... 
"Really, the play was designed for the ball to be thrown in the first hole," Moss said of the pass that he could only deflect in the 49ers' game Nov. 19 against the Chicago Bears. 
"And I think I got to the second hole -- or we call them windows as a wide receiver -- and when he found me in the second hole it was kind of too late to throw it, but he threw it anyway. So he had to put one them Randy Johnson fastballs on me. When it hit my finger, I felt my finger pop -- dislocated it. So I had to come back to the sideline and the doctor had to pop it back in." 
... 
"I try to take pride in taking care of my body and finessing the balls as they come to me," Moss said. "But Kap throws hard. He's very strong and he works out every day. And I didn't really say anything to him other than, 'Keep doing what he's doing.' My finger will heal up. 
"It hurt. It hurt. It really did. I tried not to show any tears. I don't know if they caught me crying or not. But it did hurt, but like I said, it's not the time of the year to be crying because it's late in the season. Everybody's hurting. Everybody's ailing. Everybody's feeling a little bit of pain. Some go home and some keep moving. And we want to be the team that keeps moving."

No comments:

Post a Comment