Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mark Jackson Responds to Charles Barkley's Criticism of Golden State Warriors

TNT's Charles Barkley is not afraid to run his mouth on national television, and he directed his attention towards the Golden State Warriors as his next target this week.

Barkley went on 95.7 The Game Tuesday and talked with Brandon Tierney and Ric Bucher about the Warriors' culture.

“My question is: Is (Stephen) Curry a legitimate point guard?” Barkley asked in an interview with Ric Bucher and Brandon Tierney. “I think he’s a good player, but I don’t think he’s a point guard. That’s the first thing they have to solve.”
“I loved him as a player, but I don’t think he can ever play again,” Barkley said. “I don’t think he can ever be close to the player he used to be. He doesn’t just have injuries. He has major injuries. … His injuries were so major that he’s never going to be able to get back to where he was. I hate that, because he seems like a great kid. But I don’t ever think he can get back to that All-Star level where he was in Milwaukee.”
Critical comments, as expected from Chuck, but was he wrong?

It is pretty common knowledge that the knock on Curry is that he is an undersized two guard that the Warriors are attempting to make into a point guard -- there is no changing that philosophy, either.

On the subject of Bogut, I will stop Barkley when he is lying -- and he's not.

Mark Jackson responded to Barkley's comments with this:


No comments:

Post a Comment